Tuesday, February 15, 2011

True Love

Valentines' Day has come and gone, and every year, I hope that Curt comes through with an awesome surprise.  Its the girly girl in me, the part that still loves happily ever after and glass slippers... and early on in our marriage, he did.  As the years go by, and kids get older and needs are mounting from everyone, surprises are few and no longer expected.   So when there are surprises, they mean alot more, because with our schedules, it really requires planning.   That's why when Curt filled my van with gas, wow, that meant alot.  Not only did that mean I didn't have to stand in the cold filling the tank, I just received a blessing of some extra cash in my  budget.  Doesn't sound really romantic I know, but to me, it meant he was thinking about me, and what I would appreciate.   So yes, romantic dinners, flowers, lovey dovey cards are awesome, and I like them, don't misunderstand me.  But for now, a full tank from my man is like getting that card that says, "I love you."

1 comment: