Thursday, February 10, 2011

Coffee, the cold and kittens ~

As I sit here totally enjoying my 3rd cup of coffee, I'm.... oh wait, yes, coffee, that wonderfully, fragrant,  mood uplifting hot beverage.... ahhhh.   People, its wonderful.  I know there are tea drinkers, and I'm sure you must have the same feelings toward your tea as I do my coffee, I'm just not feeling it with the tea.. but I do like to think you enjoy it with the same gusto I enjoy my Folgers. 

As I was saying,  I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee,  reading disheartened FB posts on the cold weather all over, hearing it on the news, feeling it as it swoops in with every new arrival of my daycare babes, (who are all napping btw) and once again I wonder WHY we chose to live in one of the coldest states!

  I was wondering that with a 1/2 frozen body last night as I was trying desperately to get Mittens, the kitten, to come out from the bushes and back in the garage.  I was slipping in the snow in my flats, as I wasn't expecting to be "running around in the frozen tundra" a.k.a. -  our yard!   Armed with a flashlight and catnip I pleaded with him to come back in.   Nothing.   At one point it came to my survival or his and I stumbled in the snow and ice toward the garage hoping he'd follow....

He was!!  I was so glad to see him when MEOW! A big ol' tomcat came sprinting behind him! Immediately Mittens turned and confronted the tomcat (whom I instantly dubbed "Whiskers", cuz wow, he had alot of them! ) and back under the bushes they went!  I realized Mittens was under there "defending" the home turf.  It made me appreciate him a little bit more.   I got my husband involved in the "rescue" of Mittens, and an hour later, he was finally safe in the garage.

As I went to hug my hero hubby for helping, He looked down (literally, not figuratively) at me and said, "I thought you had kittens on a farm growing up."  I said, "Yes, we had kittens in the summer and in the fall they went to the farm and disappeared never to be seen again."   He groaned and said, "So this is another episode of "closure?"  They have FUR coats!

So from all that I take away this: Mittens is a very loyal kitten and I hope we have him a long time, and even though I have episodes of "closure" as Curt put it, he is willing to go with me to find it.  LOVE  and ADORE  him for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment